10.16.2008

Life to false metal

Yesterday I...

Woke up and wasn't too groggy.
Went for a run and was faster than before.
Drove up 280 and thought about the wonders of God.
Worked all day and never got bored.
Drove down 280 and listened to a Power Rangers episode on the radio.
Picked up Eric from 307 and brought him to The Bungalow.
Made pasta for dinner and put some cheese on top.
Hung out with the Graceland fellows and basked in their wisdom.
Went to bed and had a nice rest.

And today was pretty much the same.

[Editor's note: Yes, a Power Rangers episode, in addition to which on my drive home I heard an amazing gong-show version of people failing to sing the alphabet song in different musical genres, as well as multiple exhortations from the Pirate DJ to donate to KFJC. Bay area college radio cannot be beat.]

Music of the moment:

I've been playing a lot of guitar recently and have been listening to some early blues players, who are great fun to play along with. On a recent trip to the library I picked up a compilation of early recordings by Skip James, and they are absolutely stellar. Also noteworthily excellent library finds have been Ry Cooder's early albums. Wonderful stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

"Worked all day and never got bored."

Those are fantastic days. For me they are all too rare.

"Made pasta for dinner and put some cheese on top."

I remember well those days when, for me, a meal of that caliber was a triumph. Good work!

Do you happen to know if there are any college radio stations broadcasting near to my locale? I should like to experience Power Ranger episodes, Pirate DJs, and variations on the alphabet song. Much obliged,

Jared

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home