6.14.2006

Write to me when you're in Siberia

I'm not going to lie. This hasn't been the best of years. Sometimes it's seemed that every half-full glass has been a dribble to boot.

As an inherently lazy person, it's hard to conceive of the idea that life just consists of more work every year from here on out, harder to imagine that I won't ever have another Summer break. Call me pathetic but that doesn't sound like fun at all. In light of this prevailing frumpiness, I figured it would be good show to switch to cheeriness brights and to put up a few of my favorite moments and just favorite things in general of this year for reflection. Please do let me know if there are any that I missed.


- Watching Eraserhead with plenty of stuffed animals.

- My third game of ultimate banana.

- Golf ball sized < He's not got pants on < Let's run it through the B.D.S.

- Jumping in puddles when it was rainy and I was in the mood.

- Tina, Peter, and Rachel making me think in their collective way.

- Wandering around downtown Bellingham with Miles, Peter, and Zach.

- Ninja Turtles at Adam's arcade night.

- Walking to class with Allie.

- Every single time Mickey retold the "you don't feel fat" incident.

- Tina calling me an excellent drummer regardless of veracity.

- Listening to Thy Is A Word And Feet Need Lamps for the first time and catching the reference in each song.

- Getting an A+ in a, well, not real, but EE class. Go team Air Drum.

- Co-founding (technically, reviving) Bachelors Till Rapture.

- The OvalPress regulars.

- Rolling a desk loaded with free office supplies across campus with Ben.

- Learning the Hannah and Co. started a rival drawgroup quote blog.

- 112 hour weeks in Alaska last summer.

- Getting the letter from Michele and getting the letter from Emily.

- Seeing that my mom chose the poppy picture for May.

- Mia joining OvalPress.

- Not being able to keep myself from smiling while reading Patrick's blog.

- Sandals.

- Hanging out with friends on April 4th.

- Adam asking me to drum at his wedding.

- Finishing Mickey's sentences and vice versa.

- The 103 candy bowl.


Music of the moment: Woven Hand. Really pretty goth/blues/roots/americana from David Eugene Edwards, former frontman of 16 Horsepower. It's worth looking up a free song download or two from either 16HP or Woven Hand (find them at Paste or Sounds Familyre) to see if the Denver scene is your bag. I personally find it to be quite delightful.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this Allie? I am curious. I will call Emily and then she will be curious too. We work that way. Please tell me that she is an imaginary friend, or a frumpy widow you are courting. I will be sad if you tell me she is merely a friend for whom you have no romantic intentions.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Mickey Sheu said...

doo, do do do do do... do do do do do do... do Do do Do Do Do Do!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Eh?

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conveniently, I am an imaginary frumpy widow.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Eh?!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mickey Sheu said...

I just thought of another one!

Making up random facebook groups and inviting all our friends to join.

x5!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home