8.25.2005

Quotes from Alaska

For those of you who simply can't believe it (Mickey), yes, this is indeed my fourth blog post this month. But, lest you erroneously presume this new-turned leaf to be commendably so, I direct your attention to the humble fact that the increase in posting frequency has been paralleled by an undeniable cheapening - a sort of change hardly of a good sort.

This post will serve as a rather timely example, in fact, as I will henceforward forgo the creation of mine own material whatsoever, instead falling back upon a select anthology of quotes I collected in Alaska. Hope you enjoy watching me sell my bloggy soul as much as I enjoy watching you watch me.


"Maybe somebody cut themselves [Editor's note for all my SAT students: sic.] shaving and put the tissue on the wrong face."
-Mickey, on the mysterious presence of small pulpy globs on the bathroom mirror

Justin: "I've never dated a white girl."
Wesley: "I wonder what it's like?"
Rob: "Yeah. Me too."

"If it weren't for education, I'd be dumb."
-Somebody whose name I failed to jot down

"I'd marry Wesley."
"Why?"
"Because he's Chinese."
-Mickey, while discussing the hypothetical scenario of himself as a girl

"What if you confused the taste of mint with the idea of increasing?"
-A rumored musing of one of Sherrie's friends

"I'm taking a vote: should I pop my pimple now, or wait a week?"
-Justin

"No! I'm going to praise you publicly so that you don't get anything in heaven!"
-Mickey (to Wesley)

"This kid - the closest thing he's ever seen to a knife fight is when I threw a Taco Bell spork at him."
-Chris Cha

"Same scent, different nostril."
-Chris Cha

"Can we talk about math *and* girls?"
-Justin, upon becoming fed up with math talk

Chris: "How many of you know teenagers in your school right now who are making a difference in your community?"
(hand raised)
Chris: "What are they doing?"
Hand-raiser: "Community service."

Rob: "Mickey! Wake up! It's 7:20!"
Mickey (not drowsily in the least): "Hmm... that worked well." (promptly falls back asleep.)

Brian: "I got saved tonight."
Justin: "That's like the eighth time!"



Music o' the moment: "Drive" by R.E.M. Aah, the ol' requisite Namesake Band.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mickey Sheu said...

ROFL!!!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mickey Sheu said...

Oh, and the one you have me addressing Wesley was actually addressed to Eunice

11:20 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

So my journalism's a little off. At least I have good taste.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL!
I love it Rob! Thanks.
~Lisa

11:49 PM  
Blogger Mickey Sheu said...

Bah, who needs good taste

8:15 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Touche.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home